By now, you’ve probably heard that the Boy/Girl Challenge was a great event! CFVB brought the most teams to the competition and also had the best cheering section.
In the end, two CFVB teams were on the podium – Silver & Gold (Charlie and Sue) won the Masters division and Wolf Gang (Jen and Kelly) won Scaled – yay!
Some other highlights…
– T-N-T (Tiff and Tay) were given a special award for having the lowest combined age of 30! They were the only teen team and they worked HARD. Tiff had been sick, but it didn’t slow her down. And despite bone-chilling temperatures, Big Tay still managed to remove his shirt mid-WOD. Ab-rageous!
– Our first time competitors were Jen B, Jen M, Kelly K, Bryan, Diane, Attilla, Tiff, Tay, Patty, Joe, Greg, Melibe and Jared. Attilla was a last-minute partner change for Team Chest Nuts and had less than two week to prepare for the event. And he killed it!
– Quite a few people got Snatch PRs during WOD #1.
– Wob (Wendy and Rob) won WOD #2 in the Rx division.
– Sloppy Seconds (Rachel and Chris) won WOD #3 in the Rx division.
– The special tests, which allowed teams to score extra points, were both exciting and difficult. One test was 100 consecutive double-unders. Chris got 99.
– Proving the cliché “every second counts” true, Wob was 1 point from making it to the podium. That equated to passing one more special test or rowing 7 meters more on WOD 1. Ouch.
A huge THANKS to our cheerleaders – Sally, Roger, the Athertons, Lucy, Bethany, Sundra, Rizza, Kate, Brenda, Tom K, Alyssa, Jared K, Mama Gabor, Mama & Papa Clendening, Kristi, Tara, Chris, Justin, Rodaina and Baby A (am I forgetting anyone?)
I am also happy to report that all friendships and marriages are firmly intact!
Post your thoughts, memories, etc. of the Boy/Girl Challenge to comments.
Workout of the Day:
5 sets of: 1 power jerk + 1 split jerk, heaviest possible
Front squat 3-3-3-3-3
3 x 10 GHD sit-ups
3 x 10 Weighted glute-ham raise