BoxLife Magazine published a spot-on article about etiquette for CrossFit gyms. I’d say that most of you are good about following these rules, but a few bear repeating:
- Now that it’s getting hot, the “wipe the sweat off equipment” rule is important.
- “Be on time.” Our classes start on time. That means at the start of class, you must be properly warmed up and ready to go. The barbell demo and bar path drills we lead are minimal in terms of warm-up, so get in early and get your heart rate up, do your mobility and be ready to work.
- “Put your crap away.” The coaches are spending way too much time picking up equipment after class.
- “Avoid ghost riding” (dropping barbells with 10# plates, KBs, etc. from overhead). This can cause damage to equipment and injury to a person (or a wall) if it bounces in the wrong direction.
Thanks for your help on these. For the entire article, see: http://www.boxlifemagazine.com/community/13-crossfit-gym-etiquette-rules-you-need-to-know
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHRIS H.!
Workout of the Day
10×2 @ 70-80% / 20 minutes of technical work
Front Squat 6×2 @ 70%
*note: this is day 1 of our 7-week squat cycle. Base this off the 1RM you established last week.
3 sets, each for time of:
25 calories, Airdyne
7 hang power cleans 135/95
7 shoulder to overhead 135/95
7 bar-facing burpees
– rest 3 minutes between sets
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.