Properly hydrating your body is crucial, especially in these humid Florida summers. Dehydration not only affects your performance and increases the risk of injury, but can also be life-threatening, leading to heat stroke and even death.
Here are some tips so that you stay hydrated:
- Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water minimum.
- Bring cold water to the gym.
- Replace the water you sweat out during a workout. Weight yourself before and after and drink 16 ounces of water for every pound lost during exercise.
- If you consume caffeine before a workout, increase your water intake, as caffeine is a diuretic.
- Consider electrolyte supplements or coconut water.
- Don’t exercise hung over and don’t drink alcohol immediately after working out.
Workout of the Day
work up to a heavy single, 90-95% of 1 RM
6 sets of 1 push jerk + 1 split jerk
Build across to a heavy set of the complex
Every Minute on the Minute for 14 minutes:
Odd: 10 Shoulder-to-overhead 135/95
Even: 10 KB swings 70/55
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.