Paleo Thanksgiving Recipe
I've tried this recipe and it's great! It's from www.whole9life.com
This dish serves 8-10. It's perfect with turkey.
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef (we used the 95% lean, organic, grass-fed beef from Whole Foods)
- 2 cups walnut pieces, very finely chopped/ground and soaked overnight (rinse several times before using)
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 4 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 apple, cored and finely diced (we used a Minnesota Honeycrisp)
- Several springs of fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, and marjoram (poultry mix), finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Chop all the veggies, the apple, and herbs.
- Saute the beef and celery for 3-4 minutes on medium heat, making sure that the beef gets broken up into really small pieces as it cooks. (Big chunks are not very stuffing-like!) We used a big saucepan for this, as we didn’t want the contents to overflow once everything was mixed.
- Add the onion and apple, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the herbs, garlic powder, walnuts, and salt, and mix thoroughly. The beef should NOT be totally cooked at this point – there should still be some pink.
- Pull everything out of the pan, and dump it into a 9×13 baking pan (or two 6×9 pans), and bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.
Workout of the Day:
Hang power snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps
Box cleans 3-3-3-3-3